Friday, June 26, 2009

Pictures from around BeiYu and Dinner with Baba

I had dinner with my Chinese father yesterday (I think I made a
mistake earlier - he teaches at universities, not elementary schools).
We went to a small hotpot restaurant a little ways outside of the
west gate. The food was very good - we had a boiling pot with a
divider, with one side containing spicy broth and the other containing
clear broth. We got many types of foods, from leafy vegetables and
mushrooms to noodles and mutton meat, and put them in the broth; after
a few minutes, they were cooked. Baba was very interesting; during
our conversation, he introduced my "sibling" (another student, Chang
Xun) and I to many Chinese metaphors and sayings, for example "If we
are happy, 1000 glasses is not enough, but if we are not happy, half a
sentence is too much."

No comments:

Post a Comment